We do permit mature content on OPTe.Network, including text, images and videos that contain nudity, offensive language, and mature subject material. However, sites that contain such content must be marked as Mature in our system.
If you are publishing a blog that you expect will contain content that is intended for mature audiences, we ask that you provide us the courtesy of reporting your blog or website here.
A blog or website that is marked as Mature is excluded from public areas of the OPTe.Network service. This means:
- It will not appear in the Reader or other tag listings
- The blog’s users cannot use that URL as a link in their OPTe.Network Forums or Network profile
Mature blogs and their owners are permitted to utilize all other aspects of OPTe.Network. We do not suspend blogs solely for the presence of mature content and there are no interstitials or other “age gates” on OPTe.Network.
However, there are limitations to the mature content permitted on our service. Please don’t:
- Post sexual materials that can be considered pornographic, such as images or video of explicit sexual acts or close-up images of genitalia;
- Post links or ads to adult-oriented affiliate networks, such as pornography site signups;
- Post links, text, or images promoting or advertising escort or erotic services;
- Post images of extreme violence or gore without associated context or commentary;
- Post images of child pornography;
- Post content that promotes pedophilia, such as blogs with galleries of images of children where the images, content surrounding the images, or the intent of the blog is sexually suggestive.
Blogs found to be hosting the above material will be suspended. In cases of child pornography, we will report all incidences to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and fully cooperate with law enforcement.
If you have found a site on OPTe.Network that is hosting mature content, please report the site using our complaint form. Our staff will review the blog’s content and take action as necessary.